My research has been featured in several media outlets across the world, including TV, radio, and press in North America, Europe, Latin America, and Australia.
Selected media appearances, features, and contributions below.
The Guardian, “‘I am a people person. I want my family to visit’: stories of older Australian migrants during Covid”, February 11.
Press & Online
- ABC Op-ed “Older Australians are never disposable — not even during a pandemic“, August 29.
- ABC Op-ed ‘The coronavirus is a disaster for lonely older Australians. We can help ease their pain in small ways’, April 6.
- ABC Op-ed “During coronavirus, we need social sciences and humanities more than ever. This is why“, May 1.
- Monash Lens, “Aged care is at a crossroads – can AI technologies help?”, September 17.
- Monash Lens, “Counting the COVID-19 social cost: How people are faring in the pandemic – Laying bare how we treat older people”, May 5.
- Monash Lens, “Coronavirus: How COVID-19 is changing the world: A new appreciation for social connection”, April 15.
- ABC News, “Virtual reality opera debuts in Melbourne nursing home as part of dementia care trial”, December 20.
- ABC TripleJ Hack, “State borders increasingly define our experience of the pandemic. Where to for ‘national togetherness’?“, August 4.
- The AGE, “What Victoria can learn from New Zealand’s drastic lockdown“, August 3.
- The AGE, “Should I or shouldn’t I? Navigating the end of lockdown“, May 15.
- Contacto, “Como vamos reaprender a socializar depois do COVID-19?“, May 14.
- ABC God Forbid, ‘Confronting age prejudice‘, August 30.
- ABC RN Breakfast, ‘COVID-19 and ageism’, May 7.
- 2GB, ‘How will our social connections change post covid-19’, April 18.
- SBS Australia (in Portuguese), ‘Solidão, ansiedade e medo. Qual o impacto do coronavírus nos idosos imigrantes que vivem em lares na Austrália?’, April 28.
- ABC News: ‘Anxiety, stress, and loneliness in the country since the start of COVID-19’ with Zoe Daniel, May 1.